Course: Interactive Media Design Process
- Develop an interactive system to house photographic documentation of all “Brooklyn is Watching” art projects during the first year of the project.
- Catalog the collected images on Flickr and present the artwork that has been placed on the SIM over the past year in an accessible, user-friendly, and extensible museum in Second Life (SL)
- Demonstrate an understanding of SL navigation, appearance editing, communication tools, basic building and scripting techniques.
- Demonstrate competency when capturing images in SL and uploading to Flickr.
- Demonstrate collaborative skills and an understanding of the necessary design process for development of an interactive media project.
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with your group members and complete assigned work on due dates.
- Document and present your work to the class using the Project Wiki.
- Assign roles and leadership positions for each Team Member.
Design Process / Wiki Structure:
- Design Process & Milestones
- ToDo List
- Research & Development Documents – The Design Document
- Goals & Parameters
- User Experience
- Content and Functionality
- Project/Site Structure
- Concept Design
- Final Concept Design
- Files and Links
- Quick Start Guide
- Second Life FAQ:
- Getting an Avatar:
- SL Help for Beginners:
- SL Cheatsheet
- Video Capture in SL:
- Taking SnapShots in SL:
SURL Useful Locations (these links will teleport you to SL):
SURL Tutorials (these links will teleport you to SL):