December 7th, 2015
Critique (15 min)
- Color Interaction Studies
- Project #4 Humument pages
LAB (1 hour 45 min)
Free-Study – Paired Color Identities with Simultaneous Contrast
Create Paired Color Identities that demonstrate Simultaneous Contrast and an exploration of Color Meaning. Use color and image to represent yours and your partner’s personality. The final work should demonstrate how one hue can have two different identities depending on what hue it is surrounded by. Do this by exploring shifts in value, hue, saturation, and temperature.
Follow the Project #5 : Phase 3 Guidelines
BY THE END OF CLASS:
- You and your partner should have completed Steps 1-3 of the Project #5 : Phase 3 Guidelines and should be prepared to start working independently at home.
- Create a work schedule. You will have approximately one week to complete this Freestudy. Do not rush. Do not procrastinate. Use this project to demonstrate what you have learned in this course thus far.
- Come to an agreement about your respective color choices and shared contrasting color.
- Experiment with color palettes to demonstrate your color interactions and relationships.
- Decide on the layout of your compositions. ie: How will the figure and ground relate? How will the layouts of the paired compositions relate?
Free-study Work DUE:
- Complete Steps 1-3
- Begin Step 4. Create “mockups” of your final work in Illustrator. These should communicate your intentions for the color, form, and content of your free-study to the class.
- YOU WILL BE CONTINUING FREESTUDY WORK NEXT CLASS. Come prepared to work.
- Here are some Field Trip possibilities:
Print this page