Critique / Discussion
- Present your logo sketches/work-in-progress to the class.
- Ask your peers to list some words to describe your logo. Are any of them on your list of 10 words?
- DUE: Complete Assignment #4: Symbol Logo
- Research: From the web or a magazine find an example of a type logo and icon logo used together. Notice how the two elements relate to each other. Write a paragraph about how the two elements work together to get the branding message across. Here are two examples:
- Typeface Selection to work with your icon logo.
Do some real research and find a font that will work with your icon logo. We will be creating a type logo to accompany our icon logo. Research font styles. Make an informed decision as to the reason why you will use a specific font. Think about your product (you). The font you choose should reflect the persona of the product. When you find a font you want to use, consider how you will modify it to work with your icon logo.
- Create a typeface worksheet
Use the non-typographer’s guide to practical typeface selection, to help you choose a typeface for your logo.
- Make a list of those “familiar” typefaces that you trust and know will work well in a variety of projects. (Review links from Week 7- Working with Fonts)
- Supplement that list with a list of “unfamiliar” typefaces that address any specific objectives for the project at hand.
- Test each typeface at small and large sizes
- Test both caps and lowercase
- Use this sample as a guide.