- Review Elements and Principles from last class and
- Discuss examples of Repetition in web design from Design Meltdown
- Examine different types of Pattern design from Artlandia and examples in class.
- How is pattern used in design?
Assignment #2 | Aural Topographies
- Critique of Line Networks : Monotony and Variety
- Use vocabulary: Rhythm, Variety, Pattern, Repetition and Unity.
- Development of Skill and Craft
Staccato / Legato Pattern Mashup PREP
- Take out your CPB and a soft pencil #3B.
- Rhythmic Line Test 1: Listen to the first bit of this song: Another One Bites the Dust and draw a line representing its rhythm across your first sheet of paper. Repeat, until you get some interesting lines.
- Rhythmic Line Test 2: Listen to the first bit of this song: Summertime and draw a line representing its rhythm across your second sheet paper. Repeat, until you get some interesting lines.
- Patterns: Now create 12 thumbnails in your CPB- 6 for Staccato and 6 for Legato. Using your rhythm line tests as a guide, create 6 patterns that represents STACCATO and 6 patterns that represents LEGATO. Continue to refine these patterns. Try varying the line weight (think and thin) and the spacing (tight and wide) between the lines. Let the rhythm of the music dictate the look and feel of your patterns. Refer to pattern examples presented in class for ideas.
Lab 2 (4pm-5pm)
OpenLab | ePortfolios REDUX
- We will be moving to the Library Classroom (Atrium Building) A540 to get started on ePortfolios.
- Each student will create your ePortfolio using the OpenLab. If you have already done so, you will be helping other students get started.
- ** If you have missed this class, please refer to the OpenLab Help section: Creating an ePortfolio to catch up. Ask for Help if you need it!
- We will be meeting online for our Thursday, September 20th class. Check this website for instructions!
- YOU MUST BE AT A COMPUTER WITH INTERNET ACCESS from 2:30PM-5PM.
- Be prepared to work and participate.
- There is no class on Tuesday, September 18th.
- Post your CPB writing to the Discussion Board, describing the pattern, repetition, line, shapes you “hear” in your favorite song. (See Assignment #2 Research for details)
- Complete Staccato / Legato Pattern Mashup PREP (See Lab 1 above). Post a photo of your patterns to the Discussion Board topic.