- Present your Color Interaction Studies
- 2 color study pairs will explore interactions by shifting hue, but not value.
- 2 color study pairs will explore interactions by shifting hue and value.
Free-Study – Simultaneous Contrast
- Using your box-o-scraps and/or gouache paint create a 9×12″ or larger composition of your choice that demonstrates the concepts we covered in our Color Interaction Studies.
- Using the color interaction pairings as guide, try to give specific colors at least two different identities throughout your compositions by exploring shifts in value, hue and temperature.
- Use your own forms of expression and experiment with process: collage, stippling, tearing, cutting, direct painting, taping, stenciling, blotting.
- As will previous free-studies, research, thumbnails, color tests, consideration of overall compositional balance between figure and ground, unity, and communication of a clear concept or theme is important!
Bring to class:
- Completed Free-Study and ALL parts of the Assignment #5: Color Interaction Studies
- Your full set of paints (buy more if you are running low)
- Flashdrive or CD