- REVIEW Color Interaction concepts.
- Present your Color Interaction Studies: 2 Value Pairs (in full color)
Color Interaction Studies – Continued
NEXT INTERACTION STUDIES:
- 2 color study pairs will explore interactions by shifting hue, but not value.
- 2 color study pairs will explore interactions by shifting hue and value.
- Using your center square color from the last study, attempt to make this one color appear as two by varying the surrounding color.
- For the first pair, choose background hues that cause the center square to appear as if it’s a different hue. This may be subtle, but observable.
- For the second pair, choose background colors that cause the center squares to appear as if they’re both different in hue and value.
- For Example: the center square on the left appears both bluer and darker when surrounded by yellow-orange, than the one on the right,which appears lighter and more reddish, when surrounded by blue-green.
- Complete 4 pairs of color interactions : 2 hue interactions, 2 hue and value interactions. (you may have to make several attempts)
- Come prepared with painted color scraps and paints, brushes, etc.