November 1, 2018
- 1 collage should be completed or near completion. We will work in class to refine and complete both collage compositions.
- Come prepared to work. Bring the following:
- Sketchbook, 9×12″ Bristol, pencils, eraser, knife/scissors, drafting tape, glue
- Complete Phase 2: Define
- By the end of class you should have completed both collages (broad and narrow value range).
- Gluing down your collage pieces
- Complete both collages before next class.
- This means you’ve glued them down as demonstrated in class today.
- We will be painting next class! Make sure you have the following supplies.
You will need paint materials for next class. Do not order online. Go to Blick or other art supply store. Do not buy expensive, profession-grade materials.
- white and black gouache paints
- sable-type watercolor brushes (do not buy brushes for acrylic or oil)
- FLAT: 1/2″ angle, #4
- ROUND: #1, #5
- or a pack of brushes like this one
- two water containers (yogurt cups, soda bottles with tops cut off, soup cans)
- palette (round 10-well)
- cotton rags (old white t-shirts or scraps)
- Sketchbook, pencils, eraser, drafting tape, bristol