October 5, 2016
What’s needed for this class:
- Animated Mashup Prep
- Find your scanned hi-res file for animation in this Dropbox folder.
- Save to Dropbox and/or bring in on a drive.
- We will prep, animate and add audio to your digital mashup file. Come prepared to work.
- NOTE: If you didn’t finish your inked mashup, please see/contact me ASAP!
Lab: Animating and Adding Sound in Photoshop
PREP in Photoshop:
- Open your scan file in Photoshop, rename and save it FirstInitalLastNameMashupPrep.psd. Make the following adjustments:
- Image size: 72 dpi, 1028 wide x768 high
- Color Mode: RGB
- SAVE AGAIN.
- Using the rectangle marquee tool, cut (Command + X) and paste in place (Command + Shift + V) each pattern square on a new layer for use in your animation.
Add Sound and Animate:
- We will be importing two pieces of music, one with staccato rhythm and one with legato rhythm: Summertime and Another One Bites the Dust. Download these files to your working folder or desktop.
- Review the guidelines: Creating Timeline Animations
- Follow the demo presented in class.
- Save your file(s) to Dropbox, GDrive or flash
- Bring your completed Animation Mashup to the next class.
- We will export and upload to the class blog for critique.