Field Trip Thursday, 10/17 at 2:15pm
We will meet at 2:15pm at the Brooklyn Historical Society to see An Opening: Artist Kameelah Janan Rasheed’s Sound and Art Installation (read more about the exhibition)
If you’d prefer to walk with a group, Prof. Rosen and I will leave from the Adams Street/Brooklyn Bridge Blvd. entrance at 2:00pm.
Field Trip Exercise
Find one work in the exhibition that surprised or inspired you; something you didn’t know about or that you’d like to learn more about.
Write 150+ words to explain the work and what exactly surprised or inspired you. Take a photo or video (if allowed), or make a sketch of the work.
- Post to the class site with the title BHS Field Trip Reflection. Include the Category: Field Trip Reflections and the Tag: BHS. Include the photo, video or sketch in your post.
COMD Panel Discussion
Join Khary Randolph, Kwanza Osajyefo, and Joseph Illidge in the Grace Gallery today, 10/17 at 5:30pm for a discussion on storytelling, race, and the comic book medium.
Homework Due on Monday
- Complete Value Range Research
- Post your (3) hand portraits to the Visual Library as a gallery. Include the tag: Value
- Finish your 9-step value scale in pencil and bring to class.
- Complete Value Self Portraits
- Post your portraits as a gallery to the Visual Library for critique.
- Choose your best portrait and save the original (from your camera/phone) to Dropbox, GDrive or a thumb drive.
- Add your Field Trip post to the class site.
- Make sure to use the Category: Field Trip Reflections