December 16, 2015
Post to blog:
- Project #6 : Phase 2 Color Harmony Palettes: Analogous & Split Complementary
- Project #6 : Phase 1 research (extra credit!)
- Humument pages for Project #5
- Simultaneous Contrast
- After Image
- Optical Mixing
- Personality of color
Cooper Hewitt Field Trip:
- BRING YOUR STUDENT ID! Or else you will have to pay an entrance fee.
- A snack and bottle of water
- Small notebook/sketchbook and pencils
- Meet outside the entrance at 10:30am.
- 2 East 91st Street
(between 5th and Madison Avenues)
New York, New York 10128
- Getting There/Directions
At the Museum:
- Using the interactive pen, “collect” objects from the museum collection and save them as sources for your Proportional Color Inventory.
- Find a reference that reflects your Humument theme and has the following elements:
- Dominant color, Sub-Dominant color, and Accent color.
- A tint or shade
After the Museum:
- Visit your custom Museum collection page (as described by the Museum postcard)
- OR… Find your objects in the online collection
- OR.. Try searching by color
- Right/Control-click on the image to save it for placement in your Proportional Color Inventory.
Review PROJECT #6 : Phase #3 guidelines very closely and complete:
- Proportional Color Inventory
- Humument book cover
LAST DAY! All work is due!
- PROJECT #6
- Phase 1-4 (posted to the Class Blog)
- Bring Proportional Color Inventory and Humument (to turn in)
- Review the class outlines for Class 1-29, all six Project guidelines, Understanding Your Grade, and Check Your Grade. This is your last chance to complete or rework your projects to improve your grade. You will not have time in class.
- a portfolio to take your work home.
- your Humument
- colored pencils, paints, pens, color materials of your choice to complete the final Humument page for Project #6.
Print this page